Super happy to hear about Chris slowly getting better. Keep going Johnsons!!
This week was a little better. Elder Rebolledo left this morning and guess
who shows up in his place. ELDER CORTES!!! My companion from Pasto! He was
also companions with Elder Romero as my zone leaders in San Fernando. So
that was pretty cool. He got hear this morning and it was all good and fun.
HE has a mild tazer and convinced me in to letting him taze me in the arm.
It was pretty funny! I know you are just shaking your head in disapproval
but hey. I'm still an idiot 🙌
I enjoyed the letter from Sister Young. She's right about everything. In
sort of a crazy way but she's right haha. ;) Our sister missionary here in Oklahoma wrote to him.
Dairon and Karen are going well but super slow. We've been working with a
less active returned missionary to help him get married and get his GF
baptized. So that's something that's pretty cool.
Not much else to say. We'll see some more news this week! Hopefully good
news.
Love you mom!
Short letter but he sends longer audio files. They have parts about people in the mission and their missionary progress, so I can't really post them. But he told us that they love Elder Charlie, the puppet we sent to him. They are going to make three other puppets (they've made one already) and use them for their part in the Christmas program. (Don't worry, I think it's at a ward party or mission party or something. NOT church. haha) All the missionaries have to do something and it HAS to be in English, which J says will be pretty challenging for his Latin companions who speak either NONE of very little.
Their puppet is Elder Marley and J says he's super scary looking. He told us a story about waking up super early one morning to knocking on the front door. Justin, in his half asleep state, panicked, thinking it was the mission president who has been going around and just showing up at apartments at random times to see how the missionaries are behaving. Justin's panic (even though they weren't doing anything wrong...) led him to turn over to his clock and be terrified by Elder Marley right in his face propped up on a broomstick. He said he sort of freaked out, much to the delight of his fellow missionaries in the apartment.
See Elder Marley below.
Elder Skinner and Elder Charlie
Sugar Cane!
This is Elder Marley (Named after Bob Marley). They made this on their own out of one of those polyester shopping bags. The hair is made with an old sock, and his arms are stuffed with the rest of the old sock. I'm just so impressed! I love it.
I guess the two puppet elders are often kidnapped and held hostage by the two companionships.
Hopefully some missionary work is getting done down there too! PS He did say they did all this on a P-Day! I was supposed to make sure I said that. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment