Saturday, December 12, 2015

December!


                                         
 
Service project


I´m glad you like Elder Marley. He's been used to scare just about everyone in the house. I still have the image of him burned into my head as we walked into our house and found him waiting in the dark door way with Charlie hanging by the neck from a jump rope haha... But hey. We'll some other ones ;)

Things have been even worse on the time wasting side of the coin. Elder Cortes is SUPER funny and cool so we are always talking WAY too much. He also has this little projector and a DVD player so they've watched a couple of missionary movies. I watched one called God's Army (which I totally shouldn't have done) and it was actually pretty inspiring and we all went to bed feeling awesome and with ganas de trabajar (desire to work). But the next morning we all went right back into the routine. Everyone sleeping in or sleeping trying to do exercise. That second one is me. I'll do like 20 push-ups and then rest for a second and then wake up five minutes later.

I have been SO tired. It's not even funny. I can't even sit still for too long or I just fall asleep. The mornings are just brutal. I don't think i'm getting the right kind of sleep or I'm being woken up in a sleep stage that's not good to be woken up in.
I talked to the mission medic or area doctor, Elder Sheffield, and he said that I'm physically tired (obviously) but due to stress and getting sick recently, also mentally and psychologically exhausted. He really helped when he asked me about stress and helped me to re-realize that everything is going to be okay.

As far as teaching goes, our pensionista's husband is getting excited about baptism and we've finally established a good relationship with him. He's pretty hard to read so it took a good 6 weeks to break through the shell. But he's getting excited and is coming to church so that's pretty sweet. Keep praying for him!

Well, I'm hoping you're all doing swell.

Love you mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment