HEYYYYYYYY EVRYONE!!!! You'll finally get some pictures this week. We aren't writing from a super cheap internet place today so the computer is actually loading stuff!
Here's My new comp. Elder Yanzapanta, from Ecaudor, and the P-day Tie.This week has been pretty good. Morichal is pretty cool so far but it's a LOT poorer than Limonar. And yes, it's part of Cali. There's Morichal 1 and 2 (areas where the missionaries are) and I'm in the second. Critchlow got sent to 1 which is even poorer and renowned for being one of the most dangerous areas in the mission. Ours is hovering around second or third (it;s really not too bad). So I lucked out with the whole danger and stuff like that. My comp is pretty cool and pretty chill. I haven't to work extra hard on personal obedience because he goes with the flow. I could say at any second, "let's go see a movie" and if I was dead serious, he would probably go (he's not THAT chill haha but you know). But he's been pretty good so far. He still writes the girl I think. Our area is tiny and the chapel is five minutes away from the house. We taught this lesson with a less active lady who stopped going to church and starting going to the Catholic church again. So when I went with Elder Y, I was the "new guy who doesn't know anything" so I was able to ask all of these really direct questions. Well, she told us that she has no clue why she doesn't go. So we pulled out Mark 13:31-37 and "passed the saw" (Colombian phrase for rebuking or talking directly), asking her what excuse she was going to give the Savior if He were to come tomorrow and she was inactive. Well the lesson was an alright one and she gave the closing prayer. Then half way through the prayer she starts bawling and takes about five minutes to start again. Then she kind of just finished the prayer silently. Well, it was obviously the Spirit because she was super happy and we could feel it too. We asked what the Spirit had told her to do and she said, "The Lord told me I need to go to church." It was pretty cool ....BUT she didn't come!!!! It was a super cool moment but she didn't actually follow through with it... So I guess we have to either let her be or try again. I studied Acts 5 today and I was really struck by the part where Peter and John (at least I think it was John) are arrested for the hundreth time and beaten for preaching about Christ. Well, when they are let go, they praise God and thank Him for seeing them as worthy enough to suffer for the name of Christ. That was like a BOOM! moment in my head. In the states I was pretty loose about standing up for the church when people who weren't members insulted us or made fun of the beliefs. But these guys were arrested by witnesses to a miracle done in the name of Christ and then beaten for talking about him. So that really was a "Hey Elder Skinner, you should be proud of Christ" feeling. Now I know what to do when I get home. ;) To answer your question, all interviews with president are in person. They travel to every zone to do them. I still have not gotten my package. I think next Pday we'll go to the office oursleves to pick it up (which I was not aware you could do).
I love Colombia for the generosity of the people and the wonderful juices! :)
I love you guys! I'm stoked to hear about Ian and his desire to go on a mission and Emily and her personal progress. Garrett and Owen are super funny with their puppets.
We made these puppets and they've been video
taping puppet shows ever since.
Love you guys!!! Elder Skinner
Our Pensionista in Limonar
Birthday! Colombians break an egg on the head of the birthday boy.
Elder Chritchlow's present to J for his b-day.
Andrea's Baptism.
Our Ward mission leader in Limonar. He's super funny.
Apple Soda!

No comments:
Post a Comment