HEY Y'aLL!!!!
It's great to hear all of the stuff that's going on in the states! You all sound good.
I GOT THE PACKAGE and I love it!!!! Nothing but stuff to mess around with and I need to mess around a lot more. Already sported my Animal shirt playing soccer today. Got two goals and kicked the ball into someone's face... Good luck. That's what the shirt brings.
I'm so sorry to hear about Chris. I'll make sure my companion and I add him to our prayers this week. And do everything else the post says.
This wee has been pretty good. It wasn't really all that good with the whole teaching part but we are doing just fine.
I had some really good insight from my personal study! First off, one of the assistants is pretty cool, but he has a history of disobedience. This is my second time serving in one of his old areas and I've heard a TON of just down right not okay things he's done (whether they be true or not, i'm not sure). But now he's an AP and is preaching a lot about obedience. Well, almost everyone in the mission is super mad about it and don't want to listen to him and think he's a jerk and a hypocrite and whatever else you can call him. I haven't been having some very kind thoughts about him either. Well, I was reading in Acts again and in chapter 7 (I think) Saul is persecuting the church and sending the believers to jail. Some pretty bad stuff. But Christ visits him and rebukes him and after a few days of blindness and not eating, he's healed by a priesthood blessing form an Apostle. Well, Saul starts to preach of his conversion to the people and talk of the very Christ he had mocked before. Well, the people were like, "Hey, this his the same guy who was sending the believers to prison and mocking the very God he's talking about."
They didn't want to listen and end up casting him out of the city, completely ignoring the Atonement of Christ and it's ability to change people. As I read that, I thought of this elder and how the missionaries (including myself) were just like the people. We have been focusing on his past mistakes but ignoring the Atonement. It was definitely a little bit of
a chastising from Heavenly Father because I need to look at myself before I look at any others. So now I need to just focus on what our mission's version of Saul (the AP) is saying. Because we all know that Saul became Paul, and Paul is a STUD!!! I love this inspiration. We used it for our family home evening lesson after reading it. :)
Video:
Well, nothing else super rad happened this week so I'll try to have more adventure in this next one.
Click HERE to hear his latest audio file!
I love you guys! I pray for you everyday!
Elder Animal.

No comments:
Post a Comment