Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Happy Birthday, Justin! And 9 new investigators! (with videos)

20 years old! Not a teenager anymore!!!!! 
(More companion struggles, but they are working through them. 
I can see they just seem to butt heads. Both can probably do better. 
I love Justin's inspired ending to the conflict however.)  
It's been a bittersweet day so far. We started out the day doing some funny
and dorky things but that turned into a huge argument with my companion
when he tried to use my "special day" as a an excuse to do no work. I told
him that I didn't want anything to be different than a normal Pday and he
asked if I was sure about 7 times. When I made it VERY clear that we were
going to work and have a normal day, he called an investigator to try to
set up an appointment at three (during Pday, trying to get me to crack). So
that didn't end well and then I started to do exactly what we do on pdays
(clean, do laundry, and just get everything ready for the week) while he
just sat in our room. well, I was washing out the mop to start cleaning the
bathroom and just thinking and being super worried about what I was going
to do when the time came to talk to him again and I had some personal
revelation. I felt an overwhelming peace that said "Peace, Be Still". I
then had the impression to just stick it out until our interviews with the
president this Friday. Well, that was awesome and well timed (thanks to our
Heavenly Father).
Well, at about 1:30  I received more revelation to invite my comp to eat
pizza. So I did! I woke him up and said, "what Kind of pizza do you want?
I'm buying." 

He was taken off guard but he said that the Extravaganza from Dominos was
good without onion (my thoughts as well) so we went and got that. We've
been on a good note ever since. But when I went to call Dominos, I saw that
he had called president and that president had called him back. That could
mean he asked for changes. We will find out tonight but I still haven't
said anything. I hope it's all ok.

We are hoping to baptize the girlfriend of our lunch lady's son this Saturday 
and I'm super excited about it! FINALLY!!! She's super awesome and she'll be 
an awesome member.
A baptism the other elders had. 
 
 We found 9 new people this week which was an answer to our prayers and
fasts. Thank you so much for all of the prayers you've been sending out to
us! They are being answered here left and right.

I love you guys so much and I hope everything is going super well. TELL IAN
TO WRITE ME BACK!!!! ;)

Love
Elder Skinner

First Big Mac in 10 months! 
(Probably longer since we didn't eat at McD's before he left that much.) 


 Just when you think you have a mature 20 year old, you get this. 
 And this!

No comments:

Post a Comment