I'm writing you guys from office depot and they are playing AC/DC and I'm actually digging it.. Cause I know how much you love them. right.
It's pretty rainy but it only rains for like an hour or two then it's back to normal. I've actually gotten used to the heat so it's really just a matter of remembering to put sunscreen on.
I was thinking about that (how long we've lived in Oklahoma) the other day! holy cow, a YEAR?! I still feel super new there because I was only there for 2 months.
This week, I'm afraid to say, was not any better. We are really out of solid people to teach and in situations like that, we visit less active members. But the problem is that the less active members are all inactive because they are anti Mormon now. My comp has been sleeping in until 7:45ish every morning and it puts the WHOLE morning in a super big funk. When we start the day with a funk, the whole day isn't very good. He's a great guy and really wants to be better but the desire to be good is there until our alarm goes off. So we decided to start doing exercise in the morning to help us both out (I have gotten much more of a belly now haha... it's really awful). So prayers would be appreciated.
But good news! We had a baptism this week!!! Manuel was baptized Tuesday due to difficulties in his schedule and was confirmed yesterday. He met the church through his girlfriend who lives in the U.S. and came to visit this week. He's been planning baptism for months but was waiting for her to come visit to actually do it. but something his girlfriend told me on the phone the night before she flew in was that Manuel felt like a project. Just a
number that the missionaries wanted to put in their planners and not someone they cared about. that was with the missionaries before. but he told her that when I showed up and Elder Parvina and I started teaching him, he felt different. Like we cared about HIM and not numbers. So he was a lot happier the day of his baptism than he seemed before. His VERY
Catholic mom came to the service to support and out of respect for her, Manuel didn't want to take any pictures. so that's why I don't have any. But he's visiting Dallas, Texas for two weeks with his girlfriend so we will have to wait until he gets back to teach him again.
We are also teaching the girlfriend of our lunch lady's son and she's the perfect investigator. She reads EVERYTHING we leave her and is really smart so everything clicks almost instantly. She really sensitive to the spirit in her prayers and thoughtful of other people when she prays. She's on date for the 14th of June but is really scared to talk to her mom about being baptized. She's 19 so it's not an age issue, she just has a lot of unity with and respect for her rents. So pray for her to have the courage to do
that :)
Well, I love you guys! This week will be better! Still no recording for lack of privacy and time. :(
Next week!
I love you mom!
Elder Jenky Baby
No comments:
Post a Comment