First things first, you said EXACTLY what I needed to hear this week. I have been struggling with pretty bad depression in the past few days. But I know what I'm doing is good and that Christ is running right beside me. In my letter I shared what our Bishop taught us about how Christ sees us, how he loves us and how he wants us to treat ourselves the way He would treat us (and the way we would treat someone we love). It was a wonderful reminder that touched my heart and I knew was exactly what Justin needed to hear.
The mission is making more and more weird rules but I'm start to see blessings from obeying them. Yay for Obeying even if they seem weird. Obedience Brings Blessings! (Elder Perry spoke about that! (I still want them to shut the heck up about baptizing the entire world. It is ALL THEY TALK ABOUT.) I'm starting to get better and the area is starting to pick up thanks to the help of just doing it and one of the AP's. He came to the area to help because I talked to president again this week after I had a breakdown. I'm fine now thanks to talks dad sent me, what you said, and the help of ELder Critchlow (other gringo). I googled him and didn't find anything. Whoever you are, Thanks, Elder! And thanks to his parents. :)
Justin and his new Companion, Elder Carbajal
My new comp is named Elder Carbajal and he's pretty cool. He loves music and was a musician before his mission.
We have been teaching somebody named H who was a reference from some sister missionaries in Salt Lake and he's incredible. He's super smart, is 21 years old and loves Christ. His parents, who moved to Texas a few years back, were converted a little while ago and he saw a HUGE change in them and wanted that change in himself so the sisters sent us the reference. In the words of Eric Cassity, "he reads the Book of Mormon like it's his JOB". Without us even inviting him to read (cause we're losers and forgot haha)he's read all the way to Jacob in around two weeks!!! That's where I'm reading from when I started in my first transfer!!! He's super smart so he has a bunch of super hard biblical questions but he's great. However, he's leaving the country in less than 10 days, so we won't be able to baptize him or teach him everything but he's been a super great blessing.
Having a hard time finding time to meet with girlfriend of the lunch lady's son. She's been super busy so it's hard to find time to meet with her. :(
We are baptizing someone that I've failed to mention. He's also super smart and is practically already a member. His mom and brother converted when he was around 11 and he didn't so he knows all of the material just never really prayed about it or read the Book of Mormon. But now he's been spiritually converted and is being baptized this Saturday!!!!!
I love all of you guys so much! You are all my favorites and I'm doing pretty good about keeping away form them Wookalars (from Private Eyes -see link) and Chupachabras!
Love
Elder Jenkins (nickname from Dad from babyhood)
Here is AUDIO that Justin warned was probably just for family since it was so Disgusting. I'll let you decide... He ate Cow Intestines, not really knowing that was what it was. I don't think he found it very funny. And almost sounds offended about it. Haha! Listen if you feel so inclined! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment