Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June 15-MUCH happier! Thank you for support of everyone! +AUDIO

Howdy ya'll!!!! (are you that cowboy yet?) 

Here's a little video of Elder Skinner using the Saloon doors in his apartment!
This week was pretty rad but looooooooonggggggggg.......... I'm having fun. I did talk to the mission president and it helped a LOT! He helped me notice that I really have changed as a person spiritually and that I'm not the same as I was. I could have told him that! ;) The most obvious he pointed out was that I'M ACTUALLY SPEAKING SPANISH. I've made amazing progression. He asked me, "Do you remember our first two interviews? They were probably the most quiet I've had. But you are speaking to me and I understand everything you are saying." So it's really cool to be able to see the changes I actually have experienced. I love people from Uruguay! That's where his president is from.

We have found some really cool people this week and I'm super excited to teach them!

ALSO! Transfers came in! Elder Parvina is going to a different area and there's another Peruvian coming here. I forgot his name but he's got 18 months in the mission and I'm assigned to be the senior companion. So I hope HE takes that well. Really, that doesn't make any difference so it's no big deal haha. I'm excited for a change and hope Elder Parvina can rock it where he'll be.

I found several places in downtown that sell Ipods for like $40 so if you want any for you guys when I get back just let me know. They also have real GoPros for pretty cheap. So just let me know if you are interested in things like that :)

I'm doing a lot better about dealing wiht not having investigators because I realized it's just a patience test. they will come when God wants them to and when I'm doing my best to find them. I've recieved a LOT of letters of encouragement from people I love and people I don't even know. You are answering a lot of prayers already and the ones you guys are saying. I love you guys!!!!! Keep being the best family ever.

Love
Elder Skinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

In this recording he expresses that he really feels the support of everyone praying for him at home. He thanks everyone for writing. Those he knows and those he doesn't even know. 
MOM THANKS YOU TOO!!!

I bribed my companion to get up on time by promising to do exercises in the morning with a Sharpie stache and beard on my face. It worked....for one day!


Wearing the Colombian futbol jersey
Standard Colombian Meals
The laser pointer my comp gave me (on the promise I'd send him a Roku when he gets home.)
Yikes!
awww

No comments:

Post a Comment