Betty is absolutely gorgeous. Betty is the VW Bug we just bought as a family project!
I like to imagine it's mine but I know it's
not haha. just a family car that's super awesome.
This week has been pretty good.
On Tuesday my comp and I were walking when a weird bug flew into his eye
and while he was trying to get it out, it stung/bit him on his eyeball. So
that was not so cool. We called Sister Pricoli (and now we the name of
"the most sick companionship in the mission") and had to go the emergency
room. A little exaggerated but whatevs. We get there and he's got this huge
bump on his eyeball. then after telling us that there weren't any eye
specialists in all of Palmira, we had to go to Cali and sleep in the
mission home. The next morning we go to the hospital and after a seemingly
torturous eye test (in which Elder B kept saying "Q" every time there was a
"K") he prescribed him eye drops. A whole lot of stress and money to find
out something that we already knew... So that wasn't fun but it's a nice
story to tell. Thanks Elder Brizuela.
Anyways, we had an investigator come to church yesterday and he is
probably the most stressful investigator ever. He's a member of some
trembling and shouting Christian church so the whole time he was asking
questions like, "There's no coffee or fruit?! Why?!" "Why can't I clap
after the talks? Can I scream out my questions? NO?! WHY?!"
Then during the second hour he had to personally interrupted every single
class in session to ask the teacher what they taught and what the purpose
of the class was. The CTR teacher got mad at him and told him to go away...
Next, he asked around 100 questions in the gospel principles class and
didn't really care about the answers. He has an "I'll ask the question to
see if you say is what I believe and then I'll get offended when you don't"
attitude. But in the end he really liked it and thought it was a cool
experience. We were running after him like the branch president's wife runs
after their hyperactive son. Lots of laughs and stress sweat haha...
I'm doing well. More tired than I've ever been and it's really hard for
other people to understand that I really don't WANT to sleep during
sacrament meeting but that my body just WON'T stay awake. Or that I don't
WANT to fall asleep during personal study, I want to read the scriptures.
But hey, only five more weeks.
Still not very good at soccer but still like to play.
Love you so much mom! What's AC? ;)
Elder Jenkins
No comments:
Post a Comment