Thursday, April 2, 2015

It can't all be lemon drops and guinea pigs... feeling down.

Wow congrats to Ally and Eric for their new baby! He´s adorable!!!!!
Sounds like a crazy week and sounds like the baseball is going well!
CONGRATS ON YOUR MISSION CALL, JACOB!!!! (Indiana Indianapolis)

I won´t lie, this week was pretty dang hard. I was honestly pretty sad to see Elder Cortés go because he and I were friends too. And I was sweating bullets about my new comp being obedient. His name is Elder Cubillos and he´s from Bogota Colombia. Convert of the church as of a year and a half ago! He´s 25 years old and is 5 months into the mission. He´s pretty cool but from what I understand, I´m his first obedient companion. His first three were VERY disobedient (to the point of watching rated R movies and getting on Facebook every day to talk to their girlfriends.) He also told me they all slept until 10 or 12 and that´s not good. So we´ll have to work on breaking him out of some of these habits haha.. So far he´s thanked me a lot for being good and teaching him how to be a better missionary, so I
guess he really wants to be good. I'm still nervous and ridiculously stressed about it though.

The church has a new program for missionaries a lot like "He is the Gift." It´s for Easter and it´s called "Because He Lives." The video is absolutely AMAZING. Almost balled like a baby the first time I watched and have gotten really humble every time we've seen it since. Watch it here!!! http://www.mormon.org/easter We have new pass along cards and they are rad! I honestly like it more than He is the Gift.We´ve had some good experiences sharing it and I'm really excited.

I finally talked to mission nurse about my tiredness and she told me to go get my blood checked. So tomorrow I´m going to get stabbed in a Colombian doctor's office haha! I´ll let you know what happens.

(Next part might be personal. But you all can send some encouragement and love and prayers, so I'm posting it! It can't all be good... Down times come to us all.)
The truth is, the reason this week was so hard is because I´ve been feeling really low lately. I´ve just been having a hard time seeing my worth as a missionary. I know that I´m doing fine. I know I´m doing the right thing. I know that I can do this. But I have just been so numb to all of that. I just don´t feel like I am personally changing anything (and the hardest
part is that I know I am). I know All of those things are true. I´m just having a hard time believing it... If that makes any sense. And Satan has been taking advantage of these feelings and making me think about everything wrong I've ever done. I noticed that I always get a little down around transfers.

Don´t worry too much about me. I´m working and trying to distract myself.
Love you guys!
Love, Elder Skinner

No comments:

Post a Comment