Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Holy (Holey) Shoes!

The bottom of his shoe. These are supposedly Guaranteed to last the mission and all you have to do is send a picture of the worn shoe and they'll send a new pair to US to send to him. I think I may try that! He only took two pairs and it hasn't been a year yet! 

Sounds like some radtastic stuff is going on the Skinner family! I got your guys' Easter package and all I can say is that you are all the best!!!! I love everything and my companion has been loving the jelly beans. Almost more than me which is surprising. The deodorant smells WYLD!(cool spelling right there).
I'm glad to hear about Derek and his kids coming up.

So this week was hard for teaching and contacting but it was a good one for companionship bonding. My comp is a chef and so we've been cooking together and stuff like that. So that's been really fun. We found some new people who are looking pretty promising and we are still working with Alejandro for a baptism date. We taught half of the word of wisdom and the only thing he does against it is drink coffee. Due to a shortage of time, we only were
able to teach the first half and when we came to teach the second half, he told us that he hadn't been drinking coffee all day!!! We had only talked about what we shouldn't do and mentioned none of the blessings (bad move, normally) but he was trying to live it already!!! So we are super excited for him. And he found out that I like passion fruit and so when we got there to teach the second half, he had a bag of about 5 or 6 passion fruits for us. He really is  super good guy. He seems really sketchy about coming to church and being baptized but we are still working. My worries are the law of chastity because he lives with his girlfriend and he talks about her non stop. SO we left the pamphlet and are just hoping for the best when we come back to teach it. 

We have a new thing in the mission called BEE Missionary.
Buscar (Search)
EnseƱar (teach)
Edificar (eddify)
We had a zone meeting this week all about how efficiently bees work and how hard they work to make their honey. So now we are all going to be BEE Missionaries. I'm super stoked and the mission is making a shirt that i will send pictures of. The whole bee talk makes me remember that my entire mission, I have been really into the idea of liking honey. I've always hated it but now I want to like it so bad. So far I haven't found any to buy so I can force myself to like it just yet. I'll keep you posted. (probably not haha).

Well, we are still working and hoping for the best! BEE awesome!

Love you guys!
Love
Elder Skinner

 Easter Parade


No comments:

Post a Comment