Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sapo Skinner-The Red Toad

Well hello everyone!!! I'm so relieved that it's PDAY!!! It's been a long week.

Transfers came in and Elder Y se fue!!! He went to another zone and another elder from Peru showed up. Elder O. Anyways, it's been a weird change because it happened so fast.
Elder O is known for baptizing a TON. But he's also known for being really relaxed about the rules. But he came here this morning and right of the bat was like, "okay, we're going to find 14 people this week and baptize them all in three weeks." I really need to learn how to finish the work that I start and it looks like I got the guy who's going to help me learn how to do it. ;)

We played soccer today with the zone and I'm an IDIOT and forgot sunscreen. I'm SUPER sunburned on my arms and face and neck. It kills and and it's going to be hard to sleep tonight haha... 
But some prayers were answered! We've all been pretty mad about the whole Sapo Skinner thing right? (That's what some of the elders were calling him for telling on a few who broke some rules. Or should I say, for being obedient. Sapo means Toad which is equivalent for a Rat in American lingo.) Well, I was feeling basically alone in the situation until today when my zone leader, Elder Green (whose little brother is serving in Jacob's mission!!!), pulled me aside and told me that they trust me a TON. HE told me that they talked to the AP's and President and they all trust me too. HE said that if anyone starts to harass me about this again, I should just tell the zone leaders and they'll  talk to them. So now I know that President, the AP's and the zone leaders are ready to back me up whenever I need it. :)

We almost had a baptism this Saturday out of nowhere. Some investigator we have wants to be baptized! If she didn't have a smoking problem, she and her three daughters would have
been baptized on Saturday. She's pretty cool. She needs some praying to get over smoking. So anything you guys can do will help!!!

I'm excited for this transfer! I'm going to try harder to be a LOT better because I've been pretty bitter this entire week and that has caused me to feel pretty darn homesick. But I'll be better this week. 
LOVE YOU MOM!!!! and everyone else, I'm sure.

Elder Skinner👽

No comments:

Post a Comment