It was certainly amazing to see you guys. If it weren't for that, it wouldn't have felt like Christmas haha. It was pretty tough to hang up but it was still really cool and I´m super glad you guys had a good Christmas.
So big news that might dominate the rest of this email... I'm being transferred for the first time!!!! I´m leaving Popayán at around 3 AM tomorrow morning so my Pday was spent packing my stuff and saying goodbye to families. Man it´s so weird. Packing has me feeling like I´m leaving my family again so it´s been pretty weird and rough so far. But all is
STELLLLLLARRRR!!! That's m'boy. He's determined to have a good attitude.
It´s pretty crazy because I´m not going to get to say by to a lot of the members and they won't find out I´m gone until Sunday. Down here it´s pretty rude to leave without saying bye so I´ll have to make some calls tonight.
My new area is called Pasto and it´s supposed to be ¨really cold¨ there. And those quote marks must mean it's cold for Colombia. Here's a link for average weather in Pasto. The low in January is still in the 50's...
I heard from some other elders that it´s one of the best areas though and that the work, ward, and members are all really cool. I know that Pasto is more of a city and it's a lot bigger than Popayan, being as it has a Stake with wards. So I´m really excited! I´m pretty nervous about my new comp though cause he´s from Chile and they are supposed to speak ridiculously fast. And sloppy. According to the Colombians who are renowned for having the most crisp and clean Spanish in the world. But we´ll have to see! Can only get better at the language from here!
In other news, our area is still struggling and we are having a hard time finding investigators. But we´ve had some great experiences that have kept us going. We found a new and great investigator named Daniel right after we had prayed to find new people. He´s very ready to hear about the gospel and we are super excited for him. In our first visit with him, which was five minutes after we met him, he agreed to be baptized on the 17th of
January!!!!! So he´s very ready for the gospel and he came to all three hours of church yesterday! (I´m kind of ticked I´m leaving as soon as we get this guy but hey, the important thing is that he´s a great investigator.)
So yup! I loved your package and the pictures are wonderful! Thanks for the comics O and G! They drew some comics for him. Take some pictures of the presents you didn´t get to show me.
And what´s this talk of Universal?!?!?!?! Are you guys really going there? That´s pretty cool! I´d be more jealous if it were Disney World though;)
I love you guys and it was great to see you!!
Love
Elder Skinner
I forgot to mention that I´ll be on a bus for six hours going to Pasto. But I'll be alone so please pray for my safe and un-robbed arrival haha... ;) I haven't had any calls from the mission president so I'll assume this is what happened. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment