Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Dreams in Spanish and New Investigators

 
Spanish is coming a lot better now. I´ve been having dreams in Spanish
lately and that is when you really start to pick up the language. I said a
prayer in English the other day for a recent convert and it was so stinking
hard to do haha. Praying in Spanish is all I ever do (and I try to do that
with my personal prayers too.) 
But hey, the mission is a very humbling place. Including here. I´ve definitely
changed for the better.
This week was super rad! We found ten new investigators and 7 of them were
in the same day. Remember the guy we just baptized? Well, in the process of
converting him, we reactivated his inactive extended family that he was
living with and through them, we found the seven new investigators that I
just talked about. So that is a double whammy times 7!!!! (or 3.5)
I finally asked President Pricoli if I could buy a guitar and now I´m
waiting on that answer.  I really hope it´s yes because we
found this super stellar store that has a ton. They are all pretty nice and
the cheapest one goes for 85000 pesos. (around $42). SO hopefully that´s a
yes!
We are looking towards getting some baptisms on the 31st for at least two
people. If the other family we are teaching decides to be baptized then we
could have three more on that day! So keep praying guys! Our prayers are
most definitely being answered guys!!!!!
Pretty much all of the candy you sent is gone haha. That´s a good thing.
Something about the mission and growing up really makes you remember all the
things you loved as a kid. I am remembering all of the awesome parties that
you had for Ian and me growing up and all of the old video games I used to
play. 
Love you mom! I miss you a bunch and I really appreciate your love and
support. It´s been weird not having you around. Especially because we hung
out so much during the whole preparing for a mission phase. Like when we
went to get those weird shots in my arm and my face X-rayed for the wisdom
teeth. Back in the good old days when I had long hair haha. I got a hair
cut today and I hate it. It looks fine but it´s a haircut and now the
weird shape of my head is more visible haha.
I love you!
Love
Elder Justin Skinner

No comments:

Post a Comment