Tuesday, December 2, 2014

"He is the Gift" - the video is a gift to see!

Things here have been up and down, back and forth, and all around! We had to drop a couple of investigators that just won't progress and are showing no signs of progressing any time soon. So that was kind of hard to deal with. But to counter that we got some new investigators and some our inactive members are coming to church!

 "He is the Gift" is such a blessing to all of us who see it a LOT. We are getting lots of interest from investigators who didn't really care about us before. And we are getting lots of really good feed back.

We got a new family of investigators. The dad has spina bifida that makes it so he can't do anything with his legs other than stand enough to use his walker. He and his wife (girlfriend) have three sons and I think the youngest has the same thing. It's really sad but humbling to see them. Well, they live really close to us and we always see them so we went and talked him a few days ago and he agreed to have us come over to his house to hear the first lesson. Well the first lesson went well and they liked what they heard! They agreed to have us come back and now every time we see them outside their house they are all happy and excited to see us!!WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Pretty stellar right?! So they are looking good right now and I really like to go visit them. They have a wonderful spirit about them. :)
In other news, my Spanish is getting better and now I don't have to think quite as much about what I want to say before I can say it. I still have a ridiculously hard time understanding anything but it's getting better slowly. I've been a lot better about studying the language. HOORAY FOR THE GIFT OF TONGUES!!!!!
Things are going great! It rains every single day here now (which rules cause I lent my umbrella to our investigator at church a few weeks ago cause she didn't have one and then she moved out of our area...). But sometimes the umbrellas won't even help because it rains side ways. haha. ;)
But I've been using my water proof jacket and my shoes keep the water out. Maybe if they last for my whole mission Ian can use the other pair I have. haha. I'm pretty sure we bought the mission shoes from missionary mall. Supposedly they are working good so far. :) 3 months though isn't too long is it?  
Love you guys and I hope Everything is going well with school.
Love,
Elder Skinner

No comments:

Post a Comment