Tuesday, December 16, 2014

First Baptism!

Hey howdy hey family!!!
This week was not the best but not too bad. Since we had to drop a lot of
investigators and we didn´t have any to fall back onto, our numbers were
really really bad this week. But we had a great lesson with Jose and
he is really digging learning about the church. Whether or not he is
interested in joining I can´t tell, but he came to a baptism for the zone
leaders and he seemed really intrigued by the way we do baptisms. He´s come
to church twice, but for some reason he has ended up in the branch that
meets after us both times. haha. So we´re happy about him. But we had a very
difficult week trying to find people to teach.
BUT I BAPTIZED SOMEONE!!!!!
 
It was another investigator of the zone leaders and she asked me to baptize
her!! That was really cool. I didn´t mess up on the prayer or her name and
she was really happy for the rest of the day. The only catch was that it
was supposed to be last weekend but she had to work. Then is was supposed
to be this last Saturday night, but she had to work... Soooo we did this
baptism at 7:30 in the morning on Sunday! hahaha. We were all tired but that
wasn´t important (especially when we got in the water. FREEZING!). The
spirit was so strong and I can´t even begin to describe what it feels like
to help someone enter the truth like that.
We found out Saturday night that my companion is getting transferred to be a zone leader with Elder Gomez (the son of the missionary mom that found my blog and is from Oklahoma). He leaves tomorrow and I get my new companion sometime this week. So I´m excited and very nervous for that because I´ll be the leader of this area now. Yikes.....
But I´m having fun and I´m excited for the change.
No one was really interested in "He his the Gift" (I wonder how he is showing the people this. I keep forgetting to ask. Oh... Wait. I bet they are just passing out the cards NOT showing movie...) this week so we have no new investigators which we desperately need so that was hard to deal with. Click HERE to see the short movie clip. 
People really like Christmas though. They don´t celebrate quite the same
but it´s really nice to see some trees in the houses.
I love you guys!!
Keep it real!
Be ready on the 25th!!!!
Love YOU :)
Love,
Elder Skinner


No comments:

Post a Comment