Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Popayán, Colombia - Week 2



I'm not sure they are bed bugs actually. Cause no one else in the apartment
has them or any bites or anything. The bug spray is helping though. I hope
it's not something like a spider...
Anyways! This week has been a very tough one and my patience has been
tested like crazy... Today while we were doing Pday stuff (if you can call
it that. All my comp wants to do is play soccer and solve his rubix cube) I
left our window open and loe and behold, HUGE rain storm. So now my
journal, sheets, pillow, notebook, copy of Our Search for Happiness, and
other assorted things are totally soaked. Not ruined but soaked. Oh well
haha. My bad ;)
The baptsim on thursday didn't happen for reasons I won't name so that was
lame. But we are working on getting a new date set for her! Yesterday we
challenged a family we've been teaching to be batized and they all said
yes!!! 5 baptisms for November 15! Crazy huh?
We also had 7 investigators at church and I gave a scary talk in sacrament in Spanish! Wowza!
I can understand more spanish now but still not perfect. Speaking is still
coming slowly but it's coming! This country is absolutely beautiful though.
The mountains are amazing and the weather (here) is perfect. We've been
having a lot of lessons lately and they all seem to go well!
The mornings are super rough here though. Every morning I wake and I'm
really homesick and stuff and have a hard time with that. But once we start
teaching I feel great and all is well!
I love you guys! I hope all is well in Edmond!
Love,
Elder Skinner
I sounded really annoyingly sad in that last email haha... Sorry about
that.. I'm doing great!! I love it here and I miss you guys a lot!
Don't stop being the best family ever.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment