Tuesday, October 14, 2014

First Week in the Mission Field- Popayan, Colombia


Here's the latest from Elder Justin! And Pictures!

Hey ya'll! Happy anniversary mom and dad!! It's been 21 years already?
Shmowzow...
 I'm in Popayan and it's beautiful weather all the time! I've had to use my
big jacket a couple of times for water proof purposes but it's like spring
all the time here. 


I haven't had any weird food yet but some of these juices and fruits get pretty interesting. The mission field is incredibly fun but very very hard. The people talk super duper fast and it's hard to understand them. My companion is really nice and cool. Elder Garcia is his name and he's from Lima, Peru! My Spanish is much better now but far from
perfect (or even good for that matter).
It's been a very patience building past few days... Elder G speaks a little
English so that's good and helpful. We've been teaching like crazy! We got
four new investigators yesterday and we have a baptism on Thursday! I was
asked to be the one to baptize and I am crazy stoked!!!
The mission president is very nice! I was told to delete all of my movie
soundtracks though so that's lame. He speaks very little English so that
interview with him was pretty stressful. haha.
There most definitely bed bugs and I have a bout a million bites all over
the place. They aren't too bad though. What??? Not too bad? That sounds pretty bad!
I'm going to start sleeping with bug spray on to see if that changes anything. If it doesn't then I have chiggers or something like that. But all is well!! Good boy, but I still think he should contact the mission president about possible bed bugs. Won't he just spread them through the whole mission? Comment below if you know anything about missionaries having bed bugs...
General conference was so good!!! I loved it so much!!! I really liked the
fact that they're speaking in different languages now. That's pretty cool!
I liked the talk that talked about patriarchal blessings and how we need
to live in a way that will make the promised blessings in them come to
pass. It may seem like, "well, of course your living the right way. you're
on a mission." But your mind set counts too. It's been hard to keep myself focused on the
mission and not on you guys or how much I miss home or music or my guitars.
SO I've tried to change my thought process and it's coming slowly, like my
Spanish, but I'm getting there!
I love you guys! Keep it fresh!
love,
Elder Skinner

His mission companion from his last 2 weeks in the MTC who didn't speak English 
In honor of Principal Skinner and Elder Skinner, an Elder at the MTC drew these characters for him.



Justin and his new companion, Elder Garcia.



 I don't know where these were taken. I was assuming Bogota...

The home of the Bed Bugs? 
Aaigh!@*&$*&(!

1 comment:

  1. compaion companion hello, how it going, I am amazing for know to you, i can read this message perfect in english, anso i can to writing in english, yet we can to talk en inglish and spanish jejejej I have short time in my home, i returning with honor, i am very very happ, thank for punt our picture in the mtc colombia, you are in my pray every day, and i knowed that you can speak spanish, this is my mail wuilmerpaz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete