Friday, September 5, 2014

His First P-Day in the MTC

Yay for P-day and Boo for short letters that don't say much.

This is Ivy (Mom) and I plan to just summarize or highlight Justin's letters since a lot of the letter doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless you know what we wrote him. And cuz, well, not every part is for everyone! ha!

He's doing ok-though he drank some tap water and has been paying for it ever since. He says the bathroom is his second home.
He sounds very up beat. But he also said Spanish is kicking his butt. I'm sure it's crazy. They don't speak English to him very often. Only a few of the teachers even speak any English. He says he's easily quadrupled his knowledge of Spanish so far. (But between you and me, quadrupling nothing is still nothing. haha) I'm glad he sounded positive about everything though. My favorite part of the letter I got was, "Don't worry about me over here!" Cuz of course that's what I have been doing. Now I will less.

Here's most of his letter to me:
The MTC is pretty fun but crazy hard. Spanish is so ridiculous and there is very little english at any given point. We went to the temple on Wednesday but right before the endowment session I got super sick and ended sleeping in the temple infirmary for two hours. haha. We're going to the temple next Tuesday. 
It's been crazy fun and rough. The food is pretty weird. We had like this weird rice and beef last night which ended up making me sick again haha. Or it was the water that I drank that wasn't clean cause I'm an idiot haha. 
I'm having lots of fun though! My compnanion is named Elder W. and he's pretty dang awesome. He's from Boise and it's his birthday today!
I love you! Don't worry about me over here.
love,
Elder Skinner!!!!
His next p-day is in four days (Tues) YAY! and then the next one is in 10 days (Friday) BOO!
If anyone received any letters that have different info, comment below and give us the juicy details. Haha. But really. please?

No comments:

Post a Comment