Wednesday, October 7, 2015

On a General Conference High

So conference was only the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of the entire universe. President Uchtdorf's talk Saturday morning was meant for me. Because he emphasized that we don't have to be outstanding in everything we do. He and you really helped me realize that I'm being too hard on myself and a I really need to take a step back and start looking at the things I do right. I get up on time. I DO study and do everything I should do during those given hours. And I've been more patient (thanks to conference). My comp has been insulting me every time I open my mouth (almost literally every time) and he's joking but it's super annoying. But thanks to conference and the Spirit, I've been able to take it without getting as angry. This is only since Saturday so I had a good week of losing my temper haha.

And wow. Elder Holland's talk was probably the most spiritual one. All of the gringos were in the clerk's office watching in English and we were all DEAD SILENT. We were all so thankful for our moms but sad we couldn't give them hugs right then and there ;) I love you mom! You are the greatest. And I inherit being too hard on myself from YOU because YOU are too hard on YOURSELF. You're a stellar mother and you shouldn't ever think you're
anything less than that.

Something funny that happened this week... It rained like CRAZY one if the mornings this week and because of our stupid patio and the drain that is two inches above the ground, we woke up to a wonderful ankle deep flood. Only in the patio but i remember being kind of groggy and walking to get some clothes hanging up and almost killing myself trying not to fall into the water I almost stepped in. That woke me up!! So that was funny.

I was inspired this week by conference obviously and the fact that we have three new Apostles. That was pretty cool thing to witness. I was inspired by a class in our district meeting that was about our faith in action as missionaries. It was cool.

I love you guys!!! Especially my mom!

Elder Skinner
Yum. Eating Salad.



 Warning: Super White guy dancing!
“I lost the game during a family home evening and had to dance the Pato as punishment.”

“Our swimming pool”

No comments:

Post a Comment