Monday, March 9, 2015

New Investigators, A Slide and a Bruised Butt Cheek

I'm very excited to hear about the pine wood derby! Bet you anything Obot's
was the coolest. Still waiting on a pic ;) Here's a couple I'm  going to send him. He's right! Owen's was the coolest, of course! PS It's a land speeder from Star Wars, in case you are Star Wars impaired. 

This week was pretty dang good actually. We found a bunch of new people to teach and one of them is looking like our next baptism.
He's an 18 year old kid who actually contacted us. He somehow knew we were both from different countries and so he asked where we were from. His name is A--- and he's super crazy and funny. Well, we taught him and his dad this week and throughout the whole lesson, A--- was finishing our sentences and sometimes even with the right answer. Everything seemed to make complete sense to both of them. The Grand Apostasy, The need for a restoration, Joseph Smith being called as a prophet, helping Christ restore His church with his priesthood power. The whole time they were both on the edge of their seats and super into it. His dad  had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon that we were able to answer pretty well, using the Bible and the BoM. So that was really cool. We committed them both to read and pray and to come to church if they could (they travel a lot I guess).
Well we texted A---Saturday night to see if he could come and he replied with a  message saying he couldn't but that he was being very strict about reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. So WOWZA!!!! Super cool!
The super catholic lady we've been teaching, P---, came to church for the first time on Sunday!!!! Super super incredible. We've been trying to help her quit smoking and to do so, we printed some nice(ish) pictures of Jesus to put around her house and made some paper "cigarettes" that have encouraging scriptures on them for when she feel tempted. 
 In other news, we were walking through a park with the son of our lunch family and I decided that since it was in our path way,I might as well climb up the slide and test it out. Well, it's a decently tall slide and it's made of metal so you can get going pretty fast on that thing. Well, I guess it was made before they decided put gradual curves at
the bottom of the slides because it went from like a 45 degree incline to straight flat. _/  [?] kind of like this. Well, I was going pretty fast and ended up seriously bruising my right butt cheek. That was on Wednesday. It still hurts to sit down almost a week later. And everyone in the whole neighborhood knew about it too because there a was a super loud noise (from
both me and the slide) and a roaring and a hyena like laugh coming from Elder Cortes. It was pretty funny but I still wish I had just walked around the darn thing haha.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment