This week was stellar!!! We've been kicking out the spiritual lessons like it's no one's business and as of Wednesday, we have 12 investigators on date for baptism!!!!! TWELVE!! Super super amazed with what the Lord has been blessing us with lately.
In the audio he sent which I'm not posting this time...He said that they call missionaries who have 3 baptisms in a month Sons of Heleman. If you get more than that, they call you Captain Moroni. Justin says they are going for straight up John the Baptist!!!! haha. I thought that was pretty funny.
We've been really unified in our companionship and that has made all the difference I'm sure.
He also mentioned transfers are coming up and he is really hoping they get to stay together. But he also makes it a point to be happy with whatever happens so sounds really positive.
We found a beer bottle in the back of my toilet the other day... Which is super sketchy and could mean that a missionary in the past had a problem. The zone leaders said that is was there to displace water so less would go in when you flushed but I still feel weird about it. I mean, why a beer bottle and where did in come from? Anyways, the mission president said not to worry about it haha. Ha! Justin WOULD worry about something like this. I find this pretty cute, really.
My Spanish has been a lot better and it's because I've been reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish out loud with Elder Cortes. We have a promise from Elder Grow from the Seventy that if we do that every day for a least 15 minutes, we'll learn more and faster. And that promise is being fulfilled.
We're preparing for a baptisms this Saturday and we might sing a hymn with my guitar. In reference to what you were saying about your family not singing, that's changed a lot for me. I've been randomly called with my companion to sing musical numbers at baptisms. That in addition to needing to help our investigators sing at church has really helped me get over (kind of) the fear of singing in front of people. I've also realized that
my singing range totally sucks.Horribly. I doubt it...I wonder who is starting the hymn and what note they are starting it in. If they aren't with a piano, it could be way off the normal key. haha I can't sing the highest or lowest note in half of these hymns. But luckily, there are some really bad singers here so no one seems to notice ;)
Love you guys!! Sorry if this weeks letter was lame
Love
Elder Skinner
Trying to prevent ingrown toenails!
mini bananas
star fruit (super good)
My new Hymn book cover.
No comments:
Post a Comment