You can LISTEN to Elder Skinner TELL his stories if you click HERE!
Don't be fooled. He may have hated the Chicken Heart/Liver Soup, but he LOVED having to eat it so he could experience and therefore tell us all about it. :) That's one thing about his mission that I know he looked forward to!
Well to start this email off, I'll just say that for every good week,
there's a bad one haha... Cause this week was one of the hardest yet..
We had some lessons fall through and due to some bad planning none of our
weekly goals were met :(
It's been really hard to keep patience with the other missionaries too.
Living with three other guys my age who are crazy Latinos is pretty
difficult sometimes. I'm glad he's experiencing new cultures! Elder--- from Mexico who shares our apartment with us is on his last week so he's been really homesick and having a hard time with that. But He'll be there soon :)
Some good things that happened! We have new baptism dates for the ----
family and they are excited and really seem like they want to join the
church. So I'm stoked about that! We're starting to teach one of the
daughter's friends too so it's slowly growing. We helped out with two
baptisms on saturday and that was really cool. Neither of them were for us
and our area but they were for some investigators we've made friends with
at church. Super spiritual. The people who were baptized shared their
testimonies after and that helped me out a lot. Because I suck at Spanish,
I'm limited to sharing a very short and brief testimony. But hearing their
testimonies, which were also very short and very simple helped me to
realize that Everyone's testimony has to grow. My Spanish testimony will
grow with just a little time and patience. :)
In other news, I ate some chicken throat, heart and liver soup yesterday...
SO NASTY... I'm so glad no one saw it happen but when I was eating the
liver, I straight up dry heaved probably the hardest I ever have. hahaha. My
neck is sore from it! If it weren't for juice, I wouldn't not have been
able to eat it. So there's my fun eating story for the week ;)
I hope things are going well! I love you guys!
Love,
Elder Skinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment