Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The First of Many

Here's our first letter from Elder Skinner! It's both a relief to get and a major frustration to hear so little. AIGH! I might go crazy! Haha. -don't expect pictures any time soon... boo!!
-Ivy

I´m here!!! It´s super weird to think that I´m going to be here for six weeks and then speak a little bit of Spanish by then. I´m glad to hear everyone is doing good. This place is crazy! The drivers here are absolutely nuts. We spent like three hours at the immigration offices today. they took away our cameras and any food we have because some of the Elders don´t have that kind of stuff and they don´t want them to feel bad for not having any. They cut my hair... Cause I guess it was too long haha. But I´m here and safe! I´m having fun even though only a few of the teachers only speak small amounts of Spanish.. (I wonder if he meant English) The soda is great.
I love you guys! I don´t have time to write anyone else or any more so I´ll write next Pday.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from him! You're right, though, it's way too little. We need to school him in letter-writing. And Zed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I'm mostly upset about the camera!! Why can't they take pictures and share them with the other Elders? So we get no famous MTC pictures? I don't understand that? When will he get it back? Is that the real reason or is Justin just saying what he thinks or part of it. I'm ...disgruntled, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete